September 1 to 4, 2013
For the first time in the history of the America’s Cup, young, talented sailors have a clear pathway towards competing for one of the most prestigious trophies in sport. The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup opens the door for young sailors to gain the experience they need to contribute to a Cup team.
Racing will take place in the same high performance, wing-sailed AC45 catamarans that are used in the America’s Cup World Series. The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup is in San Francisco, during the heart of the 34th America’s Cup racing season.
The Red Bull Youth America’s Cup is open to national teams of six sailors, aged 19 to 24 in 2013. Each crew must hold a valid passport of the country their team represents. Equipment, including the AC45 platform and wing, will be supplied to teams who have their entry accepted.
Ten teams have qualified for the Red Bull Youth America’s Cup (Sept. 1-4).
- Australia: Objective Australia
- France: Energy Youth Team
- Germany: STG/NRV Youth Team
- New Zealand: NZL Sailing Team with Emirates Team New Zealand
- New Zealand: Full Metal Jacket Racing
- Portugal: ROFF/Cascais Sailing Team
- Sweden: Artemis Racing/Swedish Youth Challenge
- Switzerland: Team Tilt
- United States: ORACLE TEAM USA/USA45 Racing
- United States: ORACLE TEAM USA/American Youth Sailing Force