Mikey Radziejowski, 20, grew up sailing in the San Francisco Bay Area, dedicating his life to the sport after first stepping on a boat. His experience ranges over a broad expanse of sailing, having raced on any and every boat he had an opportunity to sail. Michael started racing Lasers at the age of 14 for Encinal Yacht Club. His sailing career quickly expanded to include International Canoes, International 14 foot skiffs, 29ers, Australian 18 foot skiffs and many different keel boats and big boats.
In the summer of 2008, Mikey successfully campaigned to send himself and his boat to the International Canoe World’s in Melbourne, Australia. Although a trying time, as he sent his boat in a container overseas uncertain of whether he could raise enough to meet it on the other side, the event proved extremely successful, and he placed as 3rd place junior in the event. That same year he received the Frank Ficker Perpetual Trophy at Encinal Yacht Club for Most Outstanding Junior Sailor. In summer 2011, Mikey raced the Transpac on the R-P 45, Criminal Mischief, coming in second in their division by a mere forty minutes. When not sailing, Mikey is pursuing a history degree at UC Santa Cruz, and enjoys surfing and spending time in the ocean.
- 2nd place Laser, Junior Olympics 2006
- 1st place Laser, Junior Olympics 2007
- 3rd place overall Laser, Bay Area Youth Sailing Series 2007
- 2nd place in division, 33 ft boot Bloom County, Ocean Yacht Racing Association (OYRA) San Francisco Bay Season 2007 & 2008. foredeck/skipper.
- 3rd place 29er, American Skiff League Championships 2008
- 2nd place in division, Tripp-44 TNT IRC San Francisco Bay Season, 2008 & 2009. mid-bow/grinder.
- 3rd place junior, International Canoe Worlds in Melbourne, Australia, 2008
- 2nd place in division, Tripp-44 TNT, IRC San Francisco Bay Season, 2009. mid-bow/grinder.
- 1st place in division, Tripp- 44 TNT, Rolex Big Boat Series, 2009. mid-bow.
- 2nd place division, R-P 45 Criminal Mischief, Transpac 2011.
- 1st place in division, International 14, Richmond Yacht Club 2011
- 1st place in division, International 14, RYC Big Dinghy Regatta 2012